All these are terrible pun clues around a linguistics theme. How many can you get?
- Dues paid for errant trigonometry.
- Sounds like the clocks of the order Formicidae. No talking.
- Your Amtrak is not on time, Mr Bean.
- Insects in the rug at the Czech capital.
- Food writer swaps Chicago rapid transit system for pirate speak.
- Ms Kournikova with more than one forum.
- Eat snow gear, garden person!
- An examination of a criticism of dessert.
- Ballerina’s spin ends early in sudden realisation.
- An order for the Insect from 4 to propel you by boat.
If you think you’ve figured out the answers, submit your solution to the editors of SpecGram by October 1st, 2022, and you could win a prize. Solutions and winners will be announced in the next issue of SpecGram.