A Panoply of
The Dijkstra Triplets
(Stuart, Kirsten, and Elizabeth)
The answers to the clues below all share a common trait. When aligned by their commonality, in the order provided, an additional word will be spelled out.
- Italian dessert made with egg yolks and wine (8 or 10)
- Country with a capital... with a capital Fun! (6)
- People taking a class (8)
- Pure vowel (11)
- My ordinal person number (5)
- Noun or article that identifies a thing (8)
- First nation, alphabetically (11)
- Tranquility (8)
- Verb with an incomplete conjugation (9)
- Plant whose seeds are not encased in an ovary (10)
- Speech disorder characterized by sound repetitions (10)
- Fairly large (7)
- Royal Dutch airline (3, abbrev)
Complete the puzzle and send your solutions to the editors of SpecGram by September 15th, 2018 and you could win a prize. The correct solution and winners, if any, will be announced in the next issue.
Some plausible answers to June’s query concerning the fourth batch of L’Ishing du Gwujlang/Lusrveer mnemonically merged definitions (MMDs) are presented below:
- If single digit numbers with three-part factorizations remain, then eights stay.
- That which beats talent licks skill.
- To pronounce a single-spotted die is to say “ace”.
- A harmless visage is a safe face.
- The highest ranking cauldron is the top pot.
- To traverse sleepy interludes is to span naps.
- That which glissades pickets skates stakes.
- Exposés on spies are spooks scoops.
- One who looks at ladder rungs scopes spokes.
- One who might target may aim.
- A castle on the crest is a peak keep.
- A tertiary insufficiency is a third dearth.
- A vessel rescue is a vase save.
- To refrigerate a Greek letter is to ice psi.
- To support a taxi is to back a cab.
- To aggressively promote a ball sport is to flog golf.
- That which prevents blemishes stops spots.
- A domesticated partner is a tame mate.
- To create a strip of lead for holding glass together is to make a came.
Thanks to David Avellan-Hultman, Johan Ellingsen, Vincent Fish, and Vince Wilson for their contributions to the decipherment. Each will receive a prize for their help.